Job opportunity: Customer Support Executive (posted: February 2020)
To apply: send CV with covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join a small, dynamic, friendly team at WhiskyInvestDirect, based in Hammersmith, West London. WhiskyInvestDirect is the online platform enabling private individuals to easily and cheaply buy and trade maturing Scotch whisky online for the very first time. WhiskyInvestDirect is built and operated by the same team that developed BullionVault – the $2billion world leader in physical gold ownership for private investors online. Launch in 2015, WhiskyInvestDirect’s clients now hold £30million of whisky and sales are growing at 30% per year.
What we propose:
Working as a Customer Support Executive you will be providing excellent customer care in English, to our new and existing clients. Fluency in Spanish would be very useful as we are seeing many new Spanish clients.
Your core duties will include:
- Answering inbound client support calls, emails and live chat,
- Handling general account enquiries from existing clients,
- Providing answers and sales information to prospective clients,
- Helping new clients to open their account and buy whisky with us,
- Accurately verifying the identity of new clients and their account details,
- Performing administrative and compliance-related tasks,
- Managing incoming deposits, including assigning deposits to clients’ accounts,
- Assisting the cash team with general day-to-day admin to include processing of clients’ withdrawal requests and trade settlements,
- Working with other teams in WhiskyInvestDirect to deliver great customer service.
What we expect from you:
You will be passionate about delivering excellent customer service – helping our clients promptly with the information they need. Please note that this is not a position within a call centre.
To check the level of service and commitment we expect from you, please check what our users think about us: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.whiskyinvestdirect.com
You should have:
- Great and clear telephone manner.
- A good degree level qualification (excellent A-levels or equivalent would be considered).
- Excellent writing skills. Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- A confident, positive, professional attitude with high attention to detail, as well as an ability to work within a team and a drive to provide the best service to our users.
- Computer literacy and basic Internet skills.
- Work experience, preferably with customer service elements.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Prior knowledge and understanding of the whisky industry.
- Understanding of personal finances and investment.
- Fluency in Spanish.
What we offer:
- In addition to competitive salary, you will also receive an annual discretionary bonus.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Monday-Friday hours.
- To work in an office that is multicultural and full of very friendly people, not a call centre.
- In-house whisky tastings monthly.
- Summer BBQ, bowling events and other social happenings.
Launched in September 2015, WhiskyInvestDirect now cares for more than £30million of maturing Scotch whisky stocks for 3,000 registered account holders. The company was profitable in its first year and sales are continuing to grow steadily at a rate of 30% per annum.
Whiskyinvestdirect is supplied by ten of the leading Scotch whisky companies, including Diageo and has maturing stock from four of the whisky regions of Scotland - Highland, Speyside, Lowland and Islay.
The online platform provides an open and highly transparent facility for trade partners to buy and sell large lines of Scotch, as well as for private investors. Since launch, average returns to the investor have been in line with the long term average of 7-8%, net of all costs.
BullionVault, WhiskyInvestDirect’s sister company, is the world's largest physical gold and silver online market, offering private investors the cheapest access to and storage of investment-grade bullion. Launched in 2005, it has now enabled more than 75,000 private investors across 175 countries to benefit from the low dealing costs, deep liquidity and ultra-high security of the wholesale bullion market.
BullionVault users today own £1.8 billion worth of gold, silver and platinum bullion, holding more gold between them than most of the world's central banks.
What it’s like to work here
34 staff from over a dozen countries work in our new Hammersmith office, which offers great light and fantastic views across the city. We’re just a 6-minute walk from the bus and tube station (Piccadilly, District, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines) and the shops and restaurants of Hammersmith. Bike parking and showering facilities are available in the basement, as well as a new café in the lobby. Virgin Active is in the same building with discounted membership for staff. We offer competitive salaries and a relaxed but dedicated work environment. We pride ourselves on providing a great service to our customers (see also BullionVault’s 1000+ 5-star reviews on TrustPilot). Numerous social events are held throughout the year such as film nights, karaoke, whisky tastings and summer and Christmas parties.
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Job type: Full-time, Permanent