Sending funds via Revolut
Revolut is an online currency-conversion specialist which aims to save its users money compared to converting currency through the main banking system. While we encourage users to link a bank account to their WhiskyInvestDirect account we understand that this can be expensive for International users who aim to mitigate costs at the time of converting one currency into another.
We give Revolut users two options to transfer funds to their WhiskyInvestDirect account.
Validation option 1
Validating a bank account with WhiskyInvestDirect and using Revolut to convert and send funds.
This option enables clients to link their bank account to their WhiskyInvestDirect account and use Revolut to exchange funds from their local currency to British Pounds. Clients must be aware that only one bank account can be linked to their WhiskyInvestDirect account at any given time. Therefore, it is not possible to use multiple bank accounts as source of funds for a Revolut account.
If clients choose this option, each time they deposit we require two proof of deposits. The first proof of deposit must show the payment sent from their linked bank account to their Revolut account. The second proof of deposit should detail the transfer made from Revolut to their WhiskyInvestDirect account.
To follow this validation option we require:
- Bank statement from linked bank account
- Proof of deposit from linked bank account
- Proof of deposit from Revolut
- Photo ID (passport, national identity card/driver's license with a clearly visible photograph)
Both proof of deposits must show ALL the following:
- Name and logo of the linked bank account
- Bank account holders' names
- Bank account number/iban & bic/swift or branch code
- Amount sent
- Name and logo of Revolut
- Revolut account holder's name
- Revolut account number/iban
- Amount sent
Photo ID. We accept passport, or a national identity card/driver's license with a clearly visible photograph.
Please note: all documents must be uploaded by clients through the page Account->Documents while logged into their account. Failing to do so could lead to delays. We cannot accept documents sent by email.
Option 1 example: A client based in Germany holds a Deutsche bank account ending 0123. This account has been validated and linked to their WhiskyInvestDirect account. To save money exchanging Euros into British Pounds they wish to use Revolut. Although they hold several bank accounts at Deutsche Bank because they have already validated and linked the bank account ending 0123 to their WhiskyInvestDirect account they must always use this account to transfer funds to Revolut and then from the same Revolut account to WhiskyInvestDirect.
Validation option 2
Linking Revolut directly to a WhiskyInvestDirect account.
This option enables clients to link their WhiskyInvestDirect account directly to Revolut.
The following documents must be uploaded by clients through the page Account->Documents while logged into their account.
- Revolut Account Confirmation document. This document can be downloaded from the Revolut app. Clients must log into the app and go to Personal details->Settings icon in the top right hand corner->Documents->Account Confirmation. Please see example of the document below.
- Revolut declaration for validation. Please use the text below in a document and upload it to your WhiskyInvestDirect account.
- Photo ID. We accept passport, national identity card/driver's license with a clearly visible photograph.
- Proof of deposit. For each deposit sent from Revolut we need a proof of payment showing the details of the transfer.
Please note: we cannot accept documents sent by email.
Revolut account confirmation document
Revolut declaration for validation
I hereby authorise you to link my WhiskyInvestDirect account (username: TYPE IN DETAILS) to my Revolut account as the linked funding source and destination for return of my funds from WhiskyInvestDirect.
I understand that WhiskyInvestDirect recommends using a conventional bank account for payments in and out of my WhiskyInvestDirect account and I assume full responsibility for use of my Revolut account.
Futhermore, I understand that if incomplete data is supplied with payments to WhiskyInvestDirect there may be delay both to assigning deposits to my WhiskyInvestDirect account and to subsequent return of funds.
In order to mitigate this risk, I will upload to my WhiskyInvestDirect online account a document proving the funds came from my Revolut account following each deposit.
The withdrawal details are:
Account number/IBAN of my Revolut account: TYPE IN DETAILS
Sort code: TYPE IN DETAILS
SWIFT / BIC: TYPE IN DETAILS
Name of account holder: TYPE IN DETAILS