Is WhiskyInvestDirect right for you? 8 things to consider
WhiskyInvestDirect might be right for you if:
- You understand there are no guaranteed future returns from investing in maturing Scotch but you like its historical performance and expect it to continue.
- You like owning tangible goods with no counterparty risk with the ability to trade at near wholesale prices.
- You are looking to diversify your portfolio away from shares and property.
- You understand you are investing in maturing Scotch sold by the litre of pure alcohol, stored in-barrel in bonded and insured warehouses in Scotland – not in rare bottled whiskies nor in a ‘cask program’.
- You can invest for the long term but know you can exit your investment at any time.
- You understand that while storage and transaction costs are a factor to be considered, if historical performance is a guide, returns after costs have made maturing Scotch a profitable investment.
- You know you can buy from as little as one litre of pure alcohol at a time but also know that, with its access to the wholesale market, WhiskyInvestDirect enables you to buy tens of thousands of LPA at a time if you want.
- You know that WhiskyInvestDirect was developed and incubated by the same company that owns BullionVault, which has been in business for 15 years and is trusted with $3.8 billion of client property.