- Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs : Why WhiskyInvestDirect?
- FAQs : Safety
- FAQs : Storage
- FAQs : Operational
- FAQs : About Us
- FAQs : Governance
- FAQs : Robots
- How to do it
- Fund my account
- View our tariff
- Buy whisky
- Validate my account
- Submit a document
- Sell my whisky
- Withdraw funds
- Use the order panel
- Monitor my orders
- Cancelling my order
- Modify account settings
- Modify my limit price
- See my trading history
- Prove my money is safe
- Cask lists and client bank statement
- Understand my statement
- In case of death
- Close my account
- Contact WhiskyInvestDirect
- Make a complaint
- Whitelist our emails
- Become a referrer
Prove my money is safe
You can confirm that the cask lists and bank statements which WhiskyInvestDirect published regularly match exactly to WhiskyInvestDirect's customer records, and that those records contain your correct balances.
||If you have forgotten your WhiskyInvestDirect nickname LOGIN , and press ACCOUNT > SETTINGS . Your public nickname is on the right of your screen in the preferences panel.|
||Press the AUDIT link on WhiskyInvestDirect's front page.
Now looking at the left side of the screen under the column NICKNAME select the line whose first letter is the same as the first letter of your nickname. For example - if your nickname is WHISKYGENT click on the Ws.
Trades since the reconciliation date are not included until the next AUDIT. Nor are changes to your nickname.
If all you wanted was a quick check that is all you really need to do.
Notice how this allows you to check your WhiskyInvestDirect holding from any computer without logging in. WhiskyInvestDirect recommends you use this method to check your holding from any computer which is accessible to members of the public.
||Checking the WhiskyInvestDirect TOTAL to the statement.
From the TOTAL section you can download a scan of the most recently published cask list or statement provided by - respectively - the storage provider or the bank.
||Checking WhiskyInvestDirect's arithmetic.
Using your mouse select the grid of figures, from the word 'TOTAL' (upper left) to the bottom-most right-most number in the scrolled panel.
Timing excludes business since the audit was published...
- WhiskyInvestDirect's records are maintained in real time - so WhiskyInvestDirect knows at any time exactly how much whisky and money belong to you. When you look at your ACCOUNT > BALANCE or at your HISTORY > STATEMENT you will see your real time WhiskyInvestDirect data including any trading, deposits or withdrawals you did recently.
- However, bank statements and cask lists are usually published by us once per week. So this proof is a reconciliation of the balance at that time. Don't expect to see more recent business included in your reconciled balance. Perhaps come back to prove that after the next audit is published, by which time we will have received and published statements for all business in that time, and generated more current figures for all Customer balances.
The bank account breakdown
When Currency is selected, directly beneath the 'TOTAL' line you'll see a breakdown of where the money is held. It can show the following lines:
- Lloyds Bank current and savings - WhiskyInvestDirect clients' segregated funds held in a Lloyds Bank current (or checking) or savings account.
- Lloyds Bank treasury - WhiskyInvestDirect clients' segregated funds held on fixed-period deposit with Lloyds Bank.
- Wells Fargo current and savings - WhiskyInvestDirect clients' segregated funds held on in a Wells Fargo current or savings account.
- Lloyds unpresented - Withdrawal instructions sent to Lloyds and still in clearing. We process withdrawal instructions within 1 working day, but for certain types of transfer Lloyds may take an additional 4 days for the payment to clear. During those three days the funds have left the clients' WhiskyInvestDirect accounts, but the money is still in the Lloyds Bank account, so we adjust for them.
- Wells Fargo unpresented - Withdrawal instructions sent to Wells Fargo and still in clearing.