- Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs : Why WhiskyInvestDirect?
- FAQs : Safety
- FAQs : Storage
- FAQs : Operational
- FAQs : About Us
- FAQs : Governance
- FAQs : Robots
- How to do it
- Fund my account
- View our bank details
- View our tariff
- Buy whisky
- Validate my account
- Submit a document
- Sell my whisky
- Withdraw funds
- Use the order panel
- Monitor my orders
- Cancelling my order
- Modify account settings
- Modify my limit price
- See my trading history
- Prove my money is safe
- Cask lists and client bank statement
- Understand my statement
- In case of death
- Close my account
- Contact WhiskyInvestDirect
- Make a complaint
- Whitelist our emails
- Become a referrer
Order panel status
After you place an order WhiskyInvestDirect will display its status in the order panel. You can also select an order to view from the HISTORY > ORDERS screen.
Explanations for each order status are provided below.
Your order is now open
Your order has been successfully placed but has yet to trade.
The order will remain open until either:
- It trades 100% of its quantity, or
- You cancel it
You will be able to see your market orders on the MARKET screens. Please note that if your order was to buy it will appear as a green 'Best Bid', and if your order was to sell it will appear as an orange 'Best Offer'.
Part traded and still open
An open order which has been placed into the market order board, and has already traded a portion against other users.
Over time the successfully traded part of the order may increase as other users' orders match against it.
Your order has been processed.
Order fully matched
When your market order has matched 100% of its volume against other orders on the WhiskyInvestDirect market, it will be 'fully matched' and no longer trade on the market.
Closed, without matching
Your market order may expire with no trade being matched. For example, if the order price is now significantly far away from the current whisky price.
Order has been cancelled
You have manually cancelled your order, releasing any untraded portion of that order back to your available balance.
Insufficient available cash
You to have insufficient available cash to buy the whisky you requested.
It is possible you have enough funds to buy your whisky, but:
- Please allow 5% for WhiskyInvestDirect's commission when buying whisky.
- Your funds are being used in existing open bid orders. Please try cancelling any other bids to increase your available funds
Insufficient whisky in that line
You do not to have enough whisky to sell for the order you have entered.
It is possible you do have enough whisky to sell, but:
- Your whisky is being used in existing open sell orders. Please try cancelling any other open offers you have to increase your available whisky
- Your whisky is held a different line. Please try placing your sell order using an alternative line, as shown on the ACCOUNT > BALANCE screen.
Too far from market prices
You have placed an order which is more than 10% away from the current live market prices.
This is a feature of WhiskyInvestDirect to prevent accidental orders, and ensure that orders are made at fair market prices.